Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thrift Store Birthing News

It's nice to get what you want once in a while.

But as Sir Michael Philip Jagger said: You can't always get what you want.

Okay, I didn't get the phone number that I wanted for the thrift store. But I got close enough. The way things have been going - I'll take close.

The number in question? I'm a 60s Rock and Roller. Music from the 80s really didn't do much for me, but for decades whenever I've gotten a new phone number I've always tried to get 867-5309. This was of course Jenny's number.

The new thrift store's phone number: 267-5309.

Imagine the following conversation:

Customer:   Hey this is a great thrift store, Dave. When I get home I'm going to have my husband call you about those Harley Davidson spoked wheels. What's your number here?

Me: Two six seven five three oh ni-ey-yine.
Then my backup singers pop up from behind the counter and, standing back to back and in funny clothes, sing in harmony,  Two six seven five three oh ni-ey-yine.

Suppose the customer will remember our number after that? Yeah, me too.

And in other good news: Wonder Woman's sister (I haven't thought of a clever name for her yet) has flown down to help in the birthing of this obstinate thrift store that doesn't want to be born. Good thing too.

I went to the Florida state Department of Revenue to get our sales tax account set up. It was my first full day out of bed since the major surgery crap from a few weeks ago and  . . .  
I thought I was gonna die!

 Thanks to Dana at Mid2Mod for the spelling of ni-ey-yine. Follow the link to see the Tommy Tutone video of Jenny.


Well be right back with  . . . more stuff.



2 comments:

  1. hahaha Now I'll be singing that song all night, just like I did when I wrote that post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way, thanks for the mention. I was laughing so hard, I forgot to say that. And glad the SIL is coming to help with the store. That's an all-hands-on-deck job!

    ReplyDelete