Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Warning: Clown Content!

I've been a thrifter for a long time. I have my favorite places, and I developed several different circuits to follow when I would go out. Now that I'm a thrift store owner I don't get a chance to get out to the other thrifts as much as I used to. In fact - hardly ever. So now I have to get my fix in other places. Auctions.

Our store is growing (slowly) and requires a couple hundred pounds of new stuff per week. To that end Wonder Woman and I hit at least 3 - 4 auctions a month if not more. Last Friday we hit the "nice stuff" auction place where we usually buy big pieces of decent furniture. I did not expect to find these guys there.





These guys are in fantastic shape. Some paint is missing here and there, but there's nary a chip on 'em. Two feet tall, and clean too. I'm not sure why I'm attracted to them, but without question they are keepers. I don't know much (nothing really) about Universal Statuary Corp. in Chicago but I'd love to know what you know. Have a look at the new members of the family.













Stay tuned for a post on some Rembrandt lamps I picked up at the same auction.


We'll be right back with . . . more stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I don't even have a clown phobia, and those things kinda scare me. I understand being strangely attracted to odd things like that though. I have a cookie jar that belonged to my mother, and it's one of the things I remember earliest from childhood. It's called The Old Balloon Lady, and it's downright creepy looking, but I can't seem to part with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought 'em to resell, but they grew on me. What can I say. I'm fickle

    ReplyDelete