Monday, October 7, 2013

Be it a Partridge or a Peacock it's a Fabulous Lamp

Update 10/8/13: We have sold the lamp.

Do you ever sit back in amazement and wonder how could one twenty year period give birth to so much cool stuff? The chunk of time that I consider most important in my mid-mod mind are the years from 1949ish to 1969ish. After that came what I call the Mod era or the Brady Bunch era.

This lamp could be sitting right on the cusp between those two eras. Let's look at it in wonder and praise its uniqueness. And it's for sale.

Peacock Pretentiousness in Lamp form.
How tall is it? About 35" from the base to the top of the socket.

How big around is it? It's about 9" in diameter at its widest point.

Is that real gold? Beats me! If it is what a deal you've found.

Very good overall shape. Has some slight scratches but nothing glaring except . . .
. . . this. I tried Fantastic and vinegar water. Now it's your turn.

All the brass shows signs of age. Call it tarnish or patina.

More brass.

Has the original cord, and the switch on the socket is a little sloppy. I'd change them both.

For a while all of our long distance selling has to be done on eBay. You'll find this lamp listed no later than Wednesday, October 9th by seller a seller named kaatmanndeux. Our asking price is going to be $65.00 + shipping.

3 comments:

  1. Someone will have a perfect spot for that glam little number!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone sure did. Wonder Woman sold it today. Can you believe people laughed at me when I bought that lamp.

      Delete