Monday, March 5, 2012

From The Desk of Dave: A New Feature For The More Subdued Reader

Hi Readers, Dave here.

Every writer wonders what people think of his/her work (except Steven King, he just writes and writes and writes and cashes checks) But the rest of us do like to get some feedback.

I have done a couple of things to this blog so that you the reader might be more inclined to leave a little feedback. Here is what you may not know:

  • You do not have to be a subscriber to this blog to leave a comment
  • You may leave your comment anonymously
  • You don't have to be a good writer yourself. Just bang out a couple of lines. We'll know what you mean. And remember, it can be anonymous.
  • I have the ability to delete comments. If, at a later date, you want a comment you made removed - let me know.


Here's The New Feature:
I've added a "Reactions" section just above the "Comments". This is a place where you can put a check-mark in a box that reflects your basic reaction to the article. It requires very little effort.

The options are: "Cool"   "Interesting"   "Funny"   and   "Dave - You're Amazing"
I don't necessarily expect to see a check-mark in the last one very often, but hey, who knows, it could happen. I'll add more options as I think of them.

I was going to add a "Who Cares" option but I figured that one would get checked more often than not, and I didn't want to set myself up to get my feelings hurt.

So, to recap, please let me know what you think. Even if it's just to put a check mark in a box it'll let me know you're thinking of me.

-Dave

P.S. Just below this article there is a very cool post on a George Nelson Bubble Lamp shade I found. Don't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment