Friday, March 30, 2012

Something New Today and . . .

. . . things will be back to normal in a week or so. I'm wrapping up some loose ends involved with the road trip and pretty soon I'll be back in Florida blogging on endlessly about boring things like china cabinets and thrift stores. Thrift stores? Did I say thrift stores? News about a new one coming soon.

In the mean time - Remember this?

The African Queen, starring Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn.


Ever wonder what happened to the boat - the African Queen. I know what happened to it, and if you want to know and see what it looks like today I suppose you'll have to come on in and read more.




Here's Kate looking pretty hot.



I never did see what women saw in Bogart. He's not a good looking man, like say . . . Tom Selleck. Or seriously multi-talented, like say . . . Frank Sinatra.



But people seemed to love him anyway. He was a huge box office draw. Anyway they made a movie. The name of the name of the movie is also the name of the boat. The boat now rests in Key Largo, just about two hours from my house. We saw it while down in the keys last year SCUBA diving. Enjoy.

The boat is in really bad condition. Someone who cares should rescue it and restore it.

It apparently is available for private cruises, but I'm not sure if I would get on it like it is.

A little something for you steam engine geeks.
A semi-Hollywood legend decaying in the keys. It really is a shame. I wish I had the money to do something about it.
A gratuitous shot of your blogger at about ninety feet below sea level.


Remember, things will be back to normal really soon.

Hang on and we'll be right back with . . . more stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment