Friday, March 23, 2012

Let's Identify: These Odds and Ends

Fridays have traditionally been about identifying something unknown to me. Might as well continue the tradition. Today it's not just one piece, more like a few. A diverse few. So without further ado.

It looks like it should "be" something. Is it?





I picked up this chair at the Antique Store that I visited last week during the road trip. It just looks like it should be something. Here are my best shots of it. Now you take your best shot and identify it for me.

It will soon be on the stack for recovering, but this is the original (I think)

Blonde wood just says 50s doesn't it?

Any guesses? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Moving from chairs to ceramics. I bought these because I had recently seen some Bradley wall hanging ceramics with what I thought were the exact same eyes. Anyone know if these are Bradley?



Not sure what I'll do with them.

Please be Bradley, otherwise I'm a dork for buying ceramic canaries.

This next guy I bought because had I not he would have been worth thousands of dollars. You know how that is. You see something, you pass on it, turns out it's a rare find worth thousands. I'm hoping.

Chinese. Right?

Worth thousands, right?

And these last items, I have no idea what they are. But they were priced right. Anyone?


At first I thought sake cups, but turns out sake cups don't have handles.

They strike me as Asian.
They're about the same diameter as a half dollar.

That's it. That's what makes me wonder this week. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to share.


We'll be right back with . . . more stuff.

3 comments:

  1. The first name that came to mind when I saw the chair was Gunlocke, but they usually have that little armrest extension. Still, my guess would be some sort of office furniture company like that. I know absolute nothing about chalkware and not much about figurines...but my grandmother did have one similar to the Asian man when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chair has some decent lines but the construction with the hardware exposed and the sharp milling make it look more like an affordable piece of commercial office furniture. I would have likely passed on this unless I got it for dirt. Looks like too much work for the return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also agree and say office furniture. I would have grabbed them so long as they were cheap, they are an easy reupholster job and have an appealing look. The artwork on the small bowls/cups looks Dutch, makes me think they are for speciality coffee or dairy/dessert related.

    ReplyDelete