Thursday, February 2, 2012

The First Post: Sunbeam Mixmaster, Model 11

Everyone has a favorite thrift store, don't they? I do. It's a service club thrift store down here in southwest Florida. I've gotten more than a great big handful of stuff out of there.


Today I noticed this Mid 1950s Sunbeam Mixmaster, Model 11. The model 11's production run ran from approximately December 1954 until October 1957. This one cost me ten bucks. What's more - it works.




It has two original white milk glass bowls, the original beaters, and enough accumulated sticky grossness to make me want to soak it overnight in bleach.

I hadn't necessarily intended to do a mid century kitchen. Looks like plans might be changing.

Here are a set of before pictures. I just love "Before" and "After" photos. After it gets a decent cleaning, it'll be back.

This is what you get for ten bucks.

It seems to be smiling at us, doesn't it?

It has an adjustment for the two different sized bowls.

The finish may be a little worn, but it operates in all speeds.

Now if I can just find the juicer attachment.

We'll be back later with . . . more stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment