Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Saarien Style Tulip Tables and Chairs

Full Disclosure: I'm only a medium sized fan of Saarien Tulip style stuff.

But I know a lot of you guys love it. Heck, Roger Sterling has his new office decorated with some of it. I also know that some of you get that icky feeling when someone says Ikea. So imagine my surprise when I found that some Saarien reproductions were being sold by . . .



Sears, Roebuck & Co. That's right good old Sears. Toy store of my youth, appliance provider of my parents, impromptu booster seat maker for generations. (The catalogs were really thick - booster seat - get it?)

I was out Monday doing a little thrifting (Oh really, Dave? Whudjaget?).
I bought some stuff that needed a little research. Once I got back to the ranch and in the process of researching what I bought, I ran across the Sears ad for their Saarien reproductions.

So if you cringe at the thought of buying at Ikea have a look at the softer side of Sears. For all I know it may be the exact same product, but we like to have options.


Black Tulip Chair - fiendishly cool

The Captain's Chair.

Side chairs by the pair because not everybody can be a captain.

A 48" table . . .
and a (nearly) 40" table.

We'll be back later with . . . more stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment