Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Road trip day 2 - the pickings are slim

It's a good thing I don't work with Mike and Frank, the American Pickers. Two reasons actually.

1. I'd probably punch Mike in the face everyday 'cause I really don't like him.

2. I suck at free style picking.

To be fair to me, I think most people would like to punch Mike in the face. Especially Frank and Danielle. And I'm not really free style picking. I'm just stopping every time I see a thrift store sign. And once you get on the interstate highway there aren't many thrift stores.

Been on the road two days. Long distance driving just wears on you, doesn't it? I finally picked up my ebay purchases in far eastern Ohio, and now we're all resting at the Red Roof in Columbus, OH.

Pictures inside.






Two reasons to like this lamp. Multi-colored, 3D design and $4.99 price tag.


Farm fresh? Hmm! Pig farm maybe. It's filthy, but once it's clean watch out. And it has orange!

I don't think these are even old, but I thought they were pretty cool. I'll find some glass stoppers for them until a 4th chrome pump cap and 2 spouts can be found.

Gin, Bourbon, Scotch, Vodka. It'll certainly cost more to fill them than the $6.99 I paid for the bottles. Hey! Wait a minute! These bottles were full just before I went to Wendy's for dinner. I wonder who . . .

Heywood and Wakefield passed out on the bed. I think I know where the alcohol went.


Flat on their backs, arms and legs sticking up in the air. Hope they don't snore.

Looks like Heywood jr. has to sleep in the chair.

That's it for day two of:  On the road with Dave. Sure hope that Danish Modern china cabinet way back up in Orlando finds a good home.


We'll be right back with . . . more stuff.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like Wonder Woman is going to be very busy in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Methinks television picking is a lot easier than the real thing...when you have a crew that scouts out all the good places and all you have to do is just walk through them and act surprised...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @AMod - You betcha. She can't wait to get her new orbital sander, and start pulling 60 years worth of yuck off of some of this old birch.

    @Dana - WHAT? You mean to tell me that there is no real in reality television? Man, that makes my knees buckle. Well, at least I still have professional wrestling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was just me who wanted to punch Frank, not at all ladylike, I know, but I think even at this age my right could do some good work.

    That show is a good example of 'pickers' at their preditorial worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, come on. Not Frank. He's the nice one. It's Mike that you need to punch.

      Delete